Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I Hate the Ting Tings

Will someone explain to me how I can hate and love the Ting Tings at the same time? Their songs are catchy and I can't help listen to them, but as soon as I do I regret it as I am utterly repulsed by what I hear. Two good examples: Great DJ and Shut Up and Let Me Go. Great DJ starts out with a terribly redundant chord progression but manages to progress to a decent chorus. However it is totally ruined by unnecessary beeps and guitar riffs. Shut Up and Let Me Go starts out with a catchy rhythm stolen from Franz Ferdinand's Take Me Out, but this time it is ruined by brain-dead verses that rely too heavily on cutesy spunkiness. Can anyone help me?


Take Beat Happening's Our Secret and dress it up in a cute pink bow and you have the Ting Tings.


pink makes me sick

No comments: