Saturday, July 26, 2008

Apple of my eye


When I watch TV, I am sometimes pleasantly surprised when I hear some of my favorite songs played in commericals, such as "The W.A.N.D." or "The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song" by The Flaming Lips. Well, it has happened again this time in an iPhone commercial (I think, I don't really remember). I recieved a blast from the past when I heard "Signal in the Sky (Let's Go)" by the Apples In Stereo. Not only is this my favorite song by this band but it also has one of my favorite all time music videos featuring none other than the Powerpuff Girls!


Signal in the Sky (Let's Go) by The Apples In Stereo:

And another video featuring a great band singing about a great cartoon- Courage the Cowardly Dog by They Might Be Giants:
More powerpuff love... Go Monkey Go! by Devo:
Download your favorite Cartoon Network Groovies here:

2 comments:

Dave Sawicki said...

jeez FINALLY a new blog post. and a good one too. haha

Chris said...

Hey, I saw that commercial, too. Classic Apples. Did you see their frontman, Robert Schneider, on The Colbert Report for Rockdown to Guitarmageddon? Good stuff. If you want any more AiS, I've got your back.
Keep on keepin' on, fellow blogger.